Thursday, March 5, 2009

F U FAT SHAQ!

If anyone reads this blog (which by all my comments I presume zero do) you may not know that I live in Miami, Florida. Yes beautiful Miami, Florida, where the weather is perfect, the women are so hot they will not have sex with you, and the politicians are all Cuban and corrupt.

I am a fan of the Miami Heat and last night I was at the Suns/Heat game and this got me to thinking... Should I cheer Shaq or boo Shaq? After all he did promise a championship and he did sort of deliever (eventhough Wade did all the heavy lifting) in 2006?

So I stopped thinking and started drinking, by the end of the game I joined the rest of the fans in a very loud "Shaq you suck" chant. However I was still on the fence, until this morning when I turned on the TV and heard the comments Shaq made towards Stan Van Gundy.

First of all I've been following the Heat very closely for the past 15 years and I know when Stan Van Gundy is joking. When Van Gundy called Shaq a flopper he did it with tongue squarely in cheek. SVG meant nothing by it and I'm sure he was hoping for a playful response from The Big Cactus. What he got was a scathing diatribe from The Big Sensitive.

''One thing I really despise is a front-runner, I know for a fact he's a master of panic, and when it gets time for his team to go into the postseason and do certain things, he will let them down because of his panic. I've been there before. I've played for him."

"Yeah, it probably was a flop, but flopping is wrong. Flopping would describe his coaching. I'm not going to let anybody take shots at me. He's a nobody to me.''

Front-runner??? Van Gundy is hardly that.

Back in 2003, Pat Riley stepped down a few days before the season and gave the head coaching duties to Stan Van Gundy. What did SVG do? He took a team that started 0-7 and led them to the second round of the playoffs! After that he took the team to the Eastern Conference Finals and was 2 mins away from leading the team to the NBA Finals. Why did the team lose? Did he panic? NO! Because Wade was hurt and Shaq was not good enough by himself to win that game.

The following season Van Gundy was pushed out the door after the Heat started 11-10. Its becoming more and more clear that the reason was not that SVG wanted to spend time with his "family" it was fat Shaq did not want to play for him and Riley had no other choice but to appease the Big Baby.

You want to talk about a front runner, Shaq should look in the mirror first before he looks anywhere else. Once he won 3 titles in L.A. the Lakers wanted nothing to do with him and they were ready to deal him. So what does Shaq do he hitches his wagon to Dwyane Wade and rides his coat tails to another championship. On the way out of L.A. he ripped Kobe, Phil, Mitch Kupchak, and some of the ball boys.

Fast-Foward to last season in the middle of what would become one of the worst in franchise history for the Miami Heat, Fat Shaq bails on the team and gets traded to the Suns. Where he thought he could win another championship but just ended up making that team worse and ran two coaches out of town. Oh and on the way out of Miami he rips everyone, Pat Riley, Chris Quinn, the training staff, the front office, and even the Heat Golden Oldies.

Shaq loves to hold a grudge and its obvious he had all these thoughts on Van Gundy for a long time SVG just made the mistake of playfully calling out Shaq. So warning to Dwyane Wade DONT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SHAQ!

In the end all I can say is F U FAT SHAQ!!!

No comments: